Report: Deep fryer’s electrical malfunction started McDonald’s fire
Published: 4:58 PM, 12/17/2013
Last updated: 4:59 PM, 12/17/2013
Author: Reed Johnson Source: The Herald-News
A fire at McDonald’s in Spring City on Friday caused damaged to the interior of the building, but no one was injured in the blaze, according to a county fire report. Rhea County Fired Department Assistant Chief and Investigator Chuck Kinney said the fire seemingly began when the electrical system in one of the restaurant’s deep fryers malfunctioned at around 2:30 p.m. on Friday, sparking the fire.
For further details, see the Wednesday edition of The Herald-News.