Continuing with the story of the house at 155 Idaho Avenue, we
find that it was first occupied by Dr. Jim Thomison, brother of Dr. Walter Fairfield
Thomison. Dr. Jim then sold the house to Edna Ellis, and the Ellis family (names on the deed
include Edna M. Ellis, Reba Ellis Conner, Allene Ellis, Mary Ellis) sold to Dr. Walter Agnew
Thomison, son of Dr. W. F. Thomison, and nephew of Dr. Jim. The house and two lots which
made up the property were sold to Agnew and his wife, Shirley for $2,500 on April 16, 1938.
“Dr. Agnew,” as he was affectionately called by the people of Dayton, was the
third and youngest child of Dr. W. F. and Ella Darwin Thomison who lived in the house on the
corner of Market and Idaho Streets in what used to be known as “South Dayton.”
To see the full story, please pick up a copy of The Herald-News.