Friday, March 08, 2013
(Last modified: 2013-03-08 16:11:20)
Source: The Herald-News
On Friday, May 3, from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., registration will be held for Pre-K and Kindergarten children entering school for the first time during the School Year 2013-2014.
Parents or guardians should pre-register their children on this day.
If you live in the city limits of Dayton, you will register your Pre-K or Kindergarten child at Dayton City School. (775-8414)
Following are the requirements for registration:
1. Pre-K children must be four-years-old on or before September 30, 2013. Pre-K eligibility is determined by income. Please bring proof of current income.
Kindergarten children must be five years of age on or before August 31, 2013. Students must attend Kindergarten before they can enter first grade.
2. Hospital records or birth certificates must be provided. Birth certificates applications maybe picked up at Rhea County Health Dept. on Eagle Lane, located across from Rhea County High School off Hwy. 27, Evensville. School personnel will copy these records to keep on file to show compliance with Tennessee’s laws for entering school.
3. Permanent Tennessee Certificate of Immunization and School Entry Medical Examination Form, accurately completed, must be provided. Immunizations and physical examinations may be given by authorized personnel at Rhea County Health Dept. or by the parent’s private physicians. Please take your immunization form to registration.
PLEASE NOTE: New Immunizations requirements and forms have been issued by the Tennessee Dept. of Health and are now in effect. Please check with your health care provider to be sure that your child meets these new requirements.
4. Social Security Cards. These are necessary for computerized attendance and testing records.
Applications may be obtained by calling 1-800-772-1213 and requesting that an application be mailed to the home address of parents/guardians.
5. The stub of a March or April electric bill.
PLEASE NOTE: All students entering the Dayton City School Kindergarten program in the fall of 2013 will be screened for vision, hearing, academic, and physical readiness during late May or early June. ALL children MUST be screened before beginning Kindergarten.
If parents or guardians do not provide required information, the names of their children will be placed on a waiting list and will then be taken on a first-come, first serve basis when requirements are met.
Anyone who has questions may call Dayton. City School at 775-8414.
Copyright © 2013, The Herald-News